A column of Panzerkampfwagen IVs (Ausf.B, C or D) park on a wide western European boulevard, during the 1940 campaign. The cupola configuration identifies these panzers as being later than the Ausf.A. There is an “X” marking on the rear plate of the panzer in the center of the photo, indicating 8. Panzer-Division, which fought in the campaign as part of KLI. Panzerkorps under Panzergruppe von Kliest. It is possible that there is a second "X” beneath the tow cable; if so this is a panzer from the 9. Panzer-Division of Heeresgruppe B in the Netherlands. All visible crewmen wear the black 1934 panzer uniform with berets, while the commander of the panzer in center wears a “Sam Brown” belt.
Book "Panzer Vor: German Armor At War 1939-45" by Frank V. De Sisto